Inhaltsbereich: Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung
Welcome to IAB's Graduate Programme (GradAB)
Graduate Programme of the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
The labour markets of western industrialized states are currently experiencing diverse and sometimes far-reaching processes of change. In order to understand these and to study them in an analytical way, it is necessary to conceive and apply theoretical concepts and empirical findings from a variety of different scientific disciplines.
This is the reason why IAB and the School of Business and Economics of the Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg have set up a programme to support doctoral proposals in the field of labour market research.
The aim of the programme is to train outstanding junior researchers from the social sciences and economics disciplines in the field of labour market and occupational research.
„Alongside providing students with support in writing their PhD thesis, the programme offers a number of additional advantages:
- A programme of additional study modules in the field of labour market research
- Funding opportunities for a research visit abroad
- Each participant gets an individual annual budget for conference attandance and all other dissertation-related expenditures
- The option to complete short-term internships in German ministries or any other labour-market related governmental institutions
- Broad access to other researchers from the IAB, other Universities and research institutions in Germany and world-wide”
At the end of each year the PhD students that currently started their work are organizing the PhD workshop “Perspectives on (Un-) Employment”. This workshop aims to bring together junior researchers in the field of labour and occupational Research.
Young academics development at the IAB: