Inhaltsbereich: Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung
IAB grants up to scholarships beginning 1st January each year to outstanding young researchers from the social sciences and economics disciplines.
Target group and admission requirements
We expect excellent academic qualifications, an especial interest in and enthusiasm for issues of the labour market and occupational research, and personal qualities that promise success in completing the programme.
Preference will be given to dissertation proposals that would profit in a special way from being attached to IAB and from which IAB itself might profit in a special way. Please make use of the documentation of data sets that are provided and available at the IAB at the homepage of the Research Data Center (FDZ) at fdz.iab.de.
Contact: Stephan Brunow
Application documents must contain:
- The application form
- A complete, tabular CV
- Copies of school leaving certificates and certificates relating to vocational training and activities, copies of university certificates already attained.
- A letter of reference from a professor with respect to personal and academic qualifications of the applicant. The letter of recommendation must be submitted to the programme coordinator (Stephan Brunow) directly.
- An outline of the project in which, above all, the following must be addressed:
- The reasons for selecting the topic and its place in current research in the field of labour market research
- Major problems and issues in the field of labour market research
- The theoretical approach and methodical considerations regarding implementation of the project and the data basis to be used (esp. IAB data sets)
The project outline should consider the (first) project idea which builds the core of the dissertation project. The project outline should be up to 20,000 characters long, including spaces and the list of cited literature. Please note that applications without a project outline will not be considered.
- Scholarships will be announced via the Internet and via further appropriate media.
- All applications will be submitted to a selection commission composed equally of representatives of IAB and of the School of Business and Economics of the University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- The selection commission will then decide which applicants are to be invited to attend a personal interview.
- The applicant will present him/herself to the selection commission. This will consist of a short presentation of the project, followed by a discussion.
- Selection of applicants to be offered a scholarship in accordance with their written documents and personal presentation.
Periods of application
The closing date for applying for new scholarships (granted as of 1 January 2017) is October 14, 2016.
- Closing date for applications: 14 October 2016
- Interviews: November 2016
- Scholarship offers: November/December 2016
- Commencement of the programme: 1 January 2017