Inhaltsbereich: Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung
Application for the Graduate Programme
Commencing on 1 October 2017, the IAB grants scholarships to outstanding young researchers from the social sciences and economics disciplines. Deadline for the application is 31 March 2017.
Call for Applications
Target group and admission requirements
We are expecting excellent academic qualification, special interest in and enthusiasm for issues of the labour market and occupational research, and a strong personality.
Preference will be given to dissertation proposals that benefit from being attached to the IAB, and that will be of particular benefit to the IAB.
Application documents shall include:
- Application form
- Complete, tabular CV
- Copies of school-leaving certificates and certificates of vocational training and professional activities, copies of university certificates already attained
- A reference letter from a professor with respect to personal and academic qualification of the applicant. The letter of recommendation must be submitted to the programme coordinator directly (Sandra.Huber@iab.de).
- An outline of the project describing the fundamental, perhaps preliminary ideas of the dissertation proposal. The project outline submitted in English should be between 10,000 and 20,000 characters long, including spaces and the list of cited literature. The following points can provide a basic overview:
- Providing reasons for selecting the topic, and determining its place in current labour market Research
- Illustrating major problems and issues of the project in the field of labour market Research
- Providing a (non-exhaustive) list of relevant literature
- Considerations regarding the theoretical approach, the methodology of project implementation, and the data to be used (e.g. IAB data sets)
- Documentation of the FDZ data sets can help in deciding on data research and preparing the project outline
Please note that applications without the project outline will not be considered!
- All applications will be submitted to a selection commission composed equally of representatives of the IAB and the School of Business and Economics of the University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- Outstanding applicants will be invited to a personal interview with members of the selection commission. The interview will involve a short presentation of the planned idea of the project, followed by a discussion.
- Based on the written documents and personal presentation, the selection committee will decide on scholarship offers and inform the applicants.
- Application deadline: 31 March 2017
- Personal interviews: April 2017
- Scholarship offers: May 2017
- Commencement of the programme: 1 October 2017